In a Report of Forrester Research is stimated that the number of user online will reach the 2.2 bilion units in the 2013.
Of that the 43% is allocated in Asia and Pacific zone.
Forrester paints a picture of Internet growth in emerging markets and stagnation in the developing world.
Among the key findings:
• 17 percent of the online population will reside in China.
• Growth rates in the U.S., Western Europe and other industrialized nations will be between 1 percent and 3 percent.
• Online penetration in the U.S. will rise to 82 percent in 2013, up from 73 percent today. That rate will put it on par with other Internet saturated countries.
• Russia and Turkey growth will grow 8 percent a year.
• Africa and the Middle East will show strong growth to hit 13 percent of the online population in 2013.
original post: Forrester: 2.2 billion people online globally by 2013